Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Rhubarb and Onions

Chopping day!
 
 
I think we have already chopped up about 30 cups of rhubarb this year for breads and desserts.  There are still a ton more out there.  I pulled up the rest of our green onions the other day.  I hope we get a lot more next year.  I really wanted to get some into the freezer, but we have used them all up.  The kids walk by and sneak them every time I am chopping them up.  Weird.  Not much of a raw onion fan myself.....  They now want me to add onions to every dish we are cooking, but only if they are from the garden.  They still don't like onions from the store. 

 
I cant wait until every thing else is ready to harvest. 
 
In our garden this year:
rhubarb
green onions
4-5 types of tomatoes
green beans
broccoli
watermelon
green peppers
zucchini
 
We only have 4 raised beds for now, hopefully we can double that for next year.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment