Monday, November 28, 2011

Overheard...

Ben is our daily comic relief around here.  I really wish this little guy could stay two forever, he is so much fun.  Here are a couple of conversations I have had with Ben this week:

Brett made waffles one morning over the weekend while I slept in and caught up on some much needed sleep.  When I woke up I went to the kitchen and reheated some waffles for breakfast.

Ben: "That your dinner mommy?"
Me: "Yep."
Ben:  "Daddy had that dinner too."
Me: "No Way!"  Said jokingly in a shocked voice.
Ben:  "It's Yeah-Way mommy."  Said very seriously.

Today the kids did wonderful putting up with being dragged around town and missing naps, etc.  I picked up a bag of mini donuts at the store as a treat for everyone for behaving so well.  When we got home Ben snuck a donut out of the bag on the counter and one of his sisters let me know immediately, of course.  I went over to Ben and held out my hand and said, "Give me the donut please."  He looked right back at me, covered the donut with both hands, and said, "I'm just fine mommy."  Lets just say I failed at keeping a straight face and that training opportunity went down the toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment